Friday, October 14, 2016

Nature Walks

We have been on some pretty fun nature walks lately.  There is nothing better than getting outside and just enjoying the beauty around us.  

Walking through the last golden rays of sun before it sank behind the hills.

Look at this interesting spider we found!  I am not a fan of spiders in my house, but out in nature I am more than happy to observe them and leave them in peace.  It was fun to sit and watch this spider eating a grasshopper it had caught in its web.

A little tree hugging is necessary on a nature walk. 

Spending a little time at the creek throwing rocks in the water and looking for special rocks.

We watched a beautiful pink sunset before we headed back to the house.  

We enjoyed the first good rain the other day, I love a good rainy day staying inside and listening to the rain outside.  There was a break in the storm and I decided we should head out to explore and enjoy the cool weather. 
It was a gorgeous day, it finally felt like fall with moisture in the crisp fresh air.  

The kids had so much fun running around and exploring.  

The muddy puddles were a popular attraction (except for poor Ally, I forgot her rain boots).

Lots of exploring around a very large branch that broke off an old oak tree.  Ally even discovered a dead mouse in the bark of the tree.  You never know what kind of treasure you  might find.

Ally ran into a little shoe trouble at the cattle guard. Her foot was stuck in the cattle guard and in the process of getting it unstuck her shoe fell through.  She is usually my helper in these types of situations but I didn't want her to go under there in the mud without her shoe.  Colton followed me as I investigated the best way to get the shoe (I was trying to avoid crawling under in the mud), Colton walked right under, grabbed the show and gave it to Ally. Our little problem was solved!

The next storm was starting to come in and I couldn't get over how beautiful all the clouds were.  

I love my cute kids, and I love spending time outside with them. 

No comments: