Ally decided quite a while ago she wanted to be a mummy. I thought it was a cute idea and I mistakenly thought it would easy. We struggled getting her costume to stay in place and ended up being late to school. Still she looked pretty cute.

Colton and Eva dressed up to go watch the costume parade at Ally's school. I had a hard time finding Superman pajamas in his size, but Walmart online to the rescue. He is just the cutest Superman I've ever seen. Eva was so excited to be a cowgirl. She loved the skirt I made for her, until she put it on. Just as we worked through that struggle it turned out she didn't like any of the shirts I had picked out to be part of her costume. Apparently she had a very specific shirt in mind, it needed to have a picture of a cowgirl on the front of the shirt. Since we didn't have a shirt like that we were able to compromise with her "amazing" t-shirt.
The costume parade is always fun to watch, so many cute costumes (and some scary ones from the older kids). Poor Ally was having all sorts of trouble with her costume, though her trailing bandages just made her costume a little more realistic.
We had some fun Trick or Treaters come to our house! The brought us treats, and joined us for dinner. This year I made a lasagna in the morning making dinner time so much less stressful, I need to remember this for next year.
After dinner we adjusted costumes and loaded up in the car to meet up with friends for Trick or Treating.
We were so happy to have a break in the rain! Sadly it only lasted long enough for us to get a picture and head to our first house. A little rain didn't bother these Trick or Treaters. They had so much fun. Colton never wants to be left out, and even though he was a lot slower he made sure he went to every door that the other kids did. I had a hard time convincing him that we didn't need to go up to some doors because the other kids had already discovered no one was home.
Post Trick or Treating, soaking we and digging into their candy.
I was worried that Ally would want to Trick or Treat longer than Colton or Eva, but right about the time that Colton started melting down Ally was getting tired as well.
Ally used some of the extra strips from her costume to turn her teddy into a mummy.
After everyone changed into warm (and dry!) pajamas we watched Room on the Broom with hot chocolate. It was the perfect way to relax and warm up before bed.







No comments:
Post a Comment