On our drive over the mountain to Colton's doctor appointment Colton got car sick. We were actually off the mountain by the time it finally hit. He started to cry a little, I looked in the mirror and I saw him throwing up. Poor guy did not feel good. I found a spot to pull over and I attempted to clean up the mess.
As I was cleaning Colton was back to being his happy self and got very upset at me when I wouldn't let him get out of the car to run around. Sadly I was less than prepared and I only had an extra shirt for Colton to wear (it was long sleeved and almost too small!). I rinsed out his clothes as best as I could and we continued on to his appointment. In the parking lot I hung his clothes on my car to drive (very classy, I know) while we were in the appointment. I was hoping no on in the doctors office would notice, but after the appointment the receptionist reminded me not to forget the clothes on my car. Motherhood is certainly a humbling experience. I have to point out that his clothes were dry and he was able to wear them until we got home!
Colton in his spare outfit (using the term outfit very loosely). The nurse was trying to get Colton to stand on the scale and he was not very willing. I suggested Eva get on the scale first, she hopped right on. As soon as she got off Colton walked right up and stood proudly on the scale. The nurse thought it was pretty funny, and I think she was surprised it worked. Nothing like using a little sibling competition to our advantage. He was pretty brave for his shots, just a little crying. He did not like his band-aids and kept ripping them off, I finally gave up and just threw them away.
In all this chaos we ended up leaving Colton's tractor blanket on the tree in the waiting room. I didn't discover this until much later when I was trying to figure out where we could have left it.
After the doctor we headed to Crane Park for some lunch and playground time. I really love this park, it has lots of fun things and it is easy to keep track of the kids. Colton surprised me with his climbing ability, and his lack of fear.
Colton loved the swings, he kept saying "whee!" the entire time he was on the swing. He was that excited about swinging.
Both kids fell asleep before we got to Calistoga for gas, they were completely passed out and slept the whole way home.




No comments:
Post a Comment