Sunday, July 31, 2016

July Kids Say

Colton has started a new habit where he insists on bringing his pillow and blankets out of his crib whenever he wakes up.  He will stand at his crib demanding said items until each and every one is out and then he drags them all to the living room.  It makes me laugh every time, while not my favorite thing it doesn't bother me enough to fight that battle.

7.2.16
Eva runs up to Colton and says "bye sweetheart" and give him a big hug and kiss

Dance party time

We have had such a problem with ants this summer.  It is a constant, very frustrating, battle with these tiny little black ants.  We can't figure out how or where they are getting into the house and the "infestation" always pops up in different places.  As much as I sweep, wipe and clean there will always be crumbs to find with three kids.  I hate waking up to more ants.   

7.3.16
As I was buckling Eva into the car she said "ow! you hurt my feelings"

I love that my kids can find nature anywhere.  It amazes me what they can find in our very landscaped front yard.  This time they found a friendly cricket who hopped around and even climbed on Ally's arm.


7.8.16
Colton is talking more and more, he loves to say "why".  He draws it out "whyyyyy".  He also says something that sounds like "what you say?"

Colton loves ramen noodles, Daddy introduced him to this delicacy.  I love watching him slurp up the noodles.   

7.12.16
Colton is making a habit of taking his pajamas AND diaper off when he wakes up in the morning.

Ally is so creative, she decided she wanted to make me a flower.  She took rose petals and made it into this flower for me.

Summertime picnics outside

7.13.16
Colton woke up earlier than usual.  We spent some time cuddling on the couch watching Baby Einstein.  I love hearing him say "wow!"  "Baa", "cow" and laughing at his show.

After Colton finished his milk he ran into the kitchen and tried to put it in the sink.  He was not happy when he couldn't reach.  This boy is always watching and soaking up more than I think.

One morning before breakfast Colton was "reading" and when he would get to the page with the fire engine he would say "Daddy" every time. 

7.14.16
While walking in our orchard it was getting hot. Eva didn't like it and said "I running away from the sun" and she ran under the apple tree for shade.

We went out to McKinley Drive to collect some things for our Nature Exchange box and we found ripe apples!  It feels so good to come back and find a few things are the same as before the fire.  In the background you can see our oleanders growing back.  They look amazing!  I have never seen them look so healthy.  So many trees and bushes are growing back from their roots.  Mother Nature does a pretty good job of healing herself, even after a truly devastating fire.  Now our goal is to keep them at a manageable size, no more 8ft tall bushes!

7.18.16
Colton said "Apple"

7/20/16
Colton said "oh my goodness"

Colton said "thank you Ally" when she gave him another piece of watermelon.

We love watching the hot air balloons in the mornings.  Colton is usually the one to spot them, he gets so excited and all three run to the window or out on the balcony.  We love where we live.

I love little kid sunglasses, and these pink ones look adorable on Colton.  The life of having two older sisters.

Colton is entering the wonderful terrible two's phase.  I do like his approach to dealing with his frustration.  When he is frustrated or upset he runs into his room (or sometimes the girls room) slams the door (effectively locking himself in because he can't open the door) and either hides under his crib or in his closet.  Once he is in his hiding place he goes completely silent, he won't even answer when you call for him.  Luckily we are onto his tricks and we know his hiding places.

I loved Eva's outfit and while I was trying to get a picture of her everyone wanted in the picture.  Love my cute kiddos.

7.21.16
While driving around the girls called trees without leaves "naked" and tress with leaves "dressed"

After a lot of paperwork, more running around and lots of waiting we finally have this very important yellow piece of paper!  This is a huge step, we finally have our building permit.

Ally drew this picture for Eva, I love my girls and I am glad they are sisters.

7.24.16
Colton said "thank you mama"

7.31.16
Colton asked "what you doing mom?"

Ally rode her bike without training wheels!

I found this nasty little surprise as I walked into my bedroom to go to bed one night (of course a night when Steve was a work).  Even though it was really small, like 1/2", I couldn't just leave it there.  As I was squishing it the scorpion tried stinging the book I used to squish him, feisty thing.  I have no idea how it got into the house and I hope I don't find any of his friends.

We were enjoying a fun afternoon swimming at my Aunt Kathryn's when we started hearing helicopters and fire planes.  The planes kept circling really close to us but we couldn't find out why.  Honestly it was pretty scary, the girls were getting nervous asking where the fire was and we didn't know what to tell them because we didn't know either.  We found out the fire was just down the road on Western Mine Road, thankfully air attack got caught it before it got big. 

Nothing better than licking a beater while squeezing into a box from our Costco run, sisters!

No comments: