Friday, March 18, 2016

Eva's Princess Party

In trying to plan for Eva's birthday I decided it was time to finally host a friend birthday party.  Eva has quite a few little friends her age and I knew she would love it.  Of course it had to be a Princess Party!  Because quite a few of her friends are boys I decided to make it a Prince and Princess party. 

I opted for a morning party (10am), best decision every.  That is a perfect time for a 3 year olds party, early enough they aren't tired and cranky and still time for a nap post party!  We started off with a dance party to some Disney Princess songs.  That quickly turned into running around crazy (especially with the princes foam swords, it seemed like a good idea when I was planning...).  After everyone had arrived and everyone had their crowns we headed outside for a snack.

I love the little courtyard in front of our house it was perfect (gate included!) and the weather was beautiful that day.  
While buying party supplies online I did a lot of comparison shopping.  While I quickly committed to some really cute tiaras (in bulk!) I couldn't decided which crowns to buy for the princess.  Fast forward to the day before the party.  I was digging out all my party supplies (that I had stashed in my closet as I bought them) and I realized I had never actually purchased the crowns.  I was so made at myself!  After debating driving 45 minutes to the nearest Burger King my mom came to the rescue, and with the help of Pinterest made some adorable cardboard crowns!

After snacks it was time for cupcakes!  I was thrilled to find this amazing princess cupcake idea on Pinterest.  I am still trying to build up my party supplies and I bought new icing tips.  Sadly I realized (as I am frosting the cupcakes) that I bought the wrong sizes.  Oh well, the 3 year olds didn't care, and I still think the cupcakes turned out cute.  

The birthday princess blowing out her candles!

Of course after cupcakes it was present time.  I loved how excited all the kids were to give their presents. 

Everyone was excited to check out Eva's new toys (and jewelry of course!).

Coloring princesses

The party was short and sweet, just perfect for Eva's first friend party.  Eva had been so excited about her party she talked about it all the time.  She really wanted to make sure that I came to her birthday, she was constantly asking if I would be at her birthday.  I thought it was pretty sweet she wanted me there (not that I would ever miss it!).  

We brought out the lief sized Elsa balloon from Christmas, Eva had so much fun dancing with her (really though, that balloon is creepy). While Eva didn't want to wear her "birthday girl" sash she was more than happy to let Elsa wear it. 

No comments: