So happy for the much needed rain. Coming home from town one day there were these amazingly bright full rainbows. It was quite the juxtaposition seeing the brillant rainbows against the charred hills. It is hard to tell in this picture but this was a double rainbow.
Ally was a little anxious about her 6 year check up. While she wasn't due for any booster shots she knew she was getting the flu shot. After much debate she had decided on doing the nasal spray. Sadly the office was out of the spray and she had to have an actual shot. She was nervous about the sudden change of plan (a girl after my own heart, she had to know the plan and doesn't like any surprises) but she was really brave.
Ally happy the shot was over and excited for her special treat.
Every so often Eva tries to go potty on the toilet (she has yet to be successful). This day I had no idea what she was doing until I heard the toilet flush. She is probably ready for potty training, now we are just waiting on me to be ready.
These two girls are opposites in many ways but they love each other (most of the time) and love being silly together.
Ally had to disguise Tom the Turkey for a school project. She came up with the ninja turtle idea and Steve helped her make it happen. So glad Steve can help out on the artistic front, my skills are very much lacking in that department. I love how it turned out.
Colton is always getting into the cupboards and pulling things out. One night he decided to climb into the cupboard as well. He would get so mad when he got stuck but he would climb back in as soon as I pulled him out. Silly boy.
Eva was being silly one day and ate her entire lunch with a fork pb&j sandwich, apple slices and all.
Ally was so excited for the jog-a-thon at school. She picked out her outfit the night before and couldn't wait to see how many laps she could run. I love how serious she is in this picture. I was sad that I wasn't able to go watch her but I have some amazing friends who took pictures and sent them to me!
She ran the whole time and had so much fun. She ran 23 laps!
I was feeling crazy and decided to make a Wal Mart run with all 3 kids after school. We lucked out by finding this ginormous cart so all 3 could ride. At first I thought it was the best invention ever, I didn't even mind trying to maneuver the extra long cart through the store. That all changed halfway through the store when Ally and Eva were tired of riding and wanted to walk. I forced them to stay in their seats and hurried to finish shopping. Not sure I will ever pick this cart again.
I love that my tupperware drawer can keep Colton occupied for a few minutes while I am cooking, even if I have to pick this same mess up many times each day.
I finally got to help out in Ally's class! With my many doctor visits (4+ per week) before Colton was born, to having a new baby, and then the fire I hadn't been able to work in Ally's class (last year or this year). I loved helping out for their harvest party and Ally loved having her mom in class. Colton chose this time to take his first steps. I was pretty sad that I missed his big milestone but Steve was so happy he was home to see it. I tried not to be too jealous.
I love Ally's art, this is a drawing she made as a thank you card for some people who helped out our family. I can't decided if I like the farmers overalls and hat more or the ears of corn. Love my little artist.
I stopped by Michaels on whim while shopping in Santa Rosa. Thanks to a 50% off sale and a desperate need for Christmas decorations I filled my cart.
In sad news my wonderful shopping buddy is no longer. Colton expressed his extreme dislike of being hauled in and out of the car and shopping carts. I had to resort to strategically feeding him a cracker every other aisle just to get through the store.
I love watching these girls play together. Here They built a blanket fort and Eva was the Princess sitting on her throne.
















1 comment:
I just love all these cute pics and the insight into your life. Miss your cute family. Ally is such a good artist!
Post a Comment