Sunday, December 27, 2015

Christmas Morning

Ally was so excited for Christmas morning, she could hardly contain her excitement.  After a rather late Christmas Eve I made sure that Ally and Eva knew they had to stay in their room until we came in to get them.  I also told Ally that if she couldn't see light out her window it was too early and to just go back to sleep.  It worked pretty well, but around 7 I heard Eva's pitter patter run along the hall.  I intercepted her and got her back into her room until I got Colton up.  

Finally it was time, I love how excited Ally was running out to the living room.

Santa left Ally a Grave Digger Monster Truck, Star Wars action figures and an Art Easel.

Santa brought Eva a play kitchen equipped with play food.

Santa brought  Colton a Little People Farm.

Colton was more than ready to dig into his stocking.

Eva was so excited to find princess figures in her stocking.  I love this picture, Eva surrounded by the treasures in her stocking and chowing down on chocolate.

At first she wasn't that excited about her kitchen (really I don't think she was fully awake), but after stockings she started playing and cooking.  The elves must have been a little tired because the back splash behind the stove was upside down.  Thankfully daddy had the tools to fix it.  I know Eva didn't even care, but it bothered me.

After a breakfast of cinnamon rolls it was time to open presents.  It was so fun watching the kids opening their presents and getting so excited to see us open the presents from them.  Colton was so excited with the balls Ally got him (Amazon really threw me for a loop when these came deflated! thankfully we did have a small pump and the problem was remedied).  

We enjoyed a leisurely morning and the kids had fun playing with all the toys.

It was so fun to watch Colton open presents, he really got into it.  We had to guard the presents to make sure he only opened his presents.


Here is our living room right before the kids came out in the morning.

The aftermath, the difference two hours can make!
We had a wonderful Christmas morning together as a family.  Soon it was time to get dressed and head over to my parents for more Christmas fun with everyone.

No comments: