Friday, May 27, 2016

Last Day of Kindergarten

Ally still had one more day of school left after her performance.  She was sad it was the last day but excited for her field trip to The Big Chill. 

First day of Kindergarten                    Last Day of Kindergarten

I wasn't prepared how the last day of school would make me feel.  Right before we left for school I barely remembered to take a "last day of school" picture of Ally.  That made me think back to the pictures we took on the first day of school.  Instantly I was really sad, so much has changed.  At the beginning of the school year we took pictures by the bamboo in our yard at McKinley Drive.  It was just a reminder that once again our old house is gone and our lives changed forever.  The sadness sneaks up and surprises me when I least expect it.  This last school year has been amazing for Ally, she has learned and grown more than I thought possible. 

Of course Eva wanted in on the picture taking (though she was still in her nightgown).  She wanted in on the pictures but she didn't want Ally to touch her.  This was the best we could do before we had to hop in the car and rush to school.  Those early days always threw me off, we will have to get used to the morning routine with all day school starting next year.

Some of thee paraphernalia sent home as they cleaned out the classroom.

Ally was really sad after we came home, she said she was sad she wouldn't see Mrs. Bazzano anymore.  I told her that we probably would see Mrs. Bazzano, she lives just down the street from us, and she would see her next year too.

No comments: