Even though life has been crazy to say the least I knew we had to celebrate Colton's 1st birthday. I kept thinking how I thought it was hard planning and pulling off Ally's birthday last year with a newborn, and while it was hard it was harder this year. Still we had a nice family party, we were so happy so many people were able to be here. We had the party at my parents, Steve was home from work, Wes and Sarah came up for the day, James happened to be here for the weekend, my Aunt Judy came, Nana came, and Brian happened to be in the area and stopped by.
The cute birthday boy, a bit tired from Church but happy non the less.I love that we found this shirt in some of the donated clothes, I wish I could remember where this one came from but they all run together. Either way it was perfect!
Ally had decided, a couple months ago, that we should have a Balloon Party for Colton. Colton loves balloons and gets so excited whenever he sees a ballon, and when he manages to grab one he can't contain his excitement. I loved the idea because it was so cute and yet so simple.
Colton enjoyed opening the presents with Daddy, and Eva was more than willing to help out.
Colton loves music, he loves this little piano from Ally and Eva.
The new slide, just like our old one, was a hit with both Colton and Eva. These two laughed and played on it for a long time. Ally was just amazed that it was just like the one we had.
I had pinned this idea for Colton's birthday quite a while ago. It seemed like such a cute but simple idea instead of a birthday cake. While I do love how it turned out, it did not save me any time. It probably would've been easier to just do a cake, it was much easier to serve and eat though.
Colton loved it when we sang "Happy Birthday" to him, I just love his smile. It was such a warm day we retreated to the shade, and that didn't help my pictures, but we appreciated the coolness.
After his cupcake on his actual birthday Colton knew just what to do and dove right into his cupcake. Ally and Eva were so excited for the cupcakes, they had each picked out which color and letter they wanted. Eva loved the cupcakes so much she helped herself to multiple cupcakes before we noticed.
While a little hard, and very tiring, it was nice to have a reason to get together and celebrate our little man. I am grateful for everyone jumping in and helping me pull off the party.


No comments:
Post a Comment