Allyson had requested a Transformer birthday party quite a long time before her birthday. Sometimes she would throw out other ideas "for her next birthday" but she was sure she wanted a Transformers party. I wasn't quite sure how to pull that one off, I am lacking in Transformer knowledge. We kept the party simple and I had a lot of help we gave Ally a fun Transformer party.
The best part of the party for Ally and Eva was having their cousins there. Those kids ran around and played hard together, they have so much fun together.
I love this amazing Craigslist picnic table. After seeing a picture of Brianne's table I set out to find one. I almost bought a new one (I wanted on that bad) but I found a great deal on one in Sacramento that Steve picked up on his way home one week.
I loved how present opening was a group effort, these boys were so cute and so excited for Ally to open her presents.
Ally and Cameron are the best of friends. As Ally was opening her presents from the boys Uncle Brian asked her what she thought the present was, Ally answered that she knew it was a Transformer, We were surprised she guessed right and someone asked why she thought it was a Transformer. She said "because Cameron already told me". I thought it was pretty cute that he was so excited about her presents he couldn't keep it a secret. Ally was thrilled to get all the Rescue bots from her cousins. Lucky girl.
Ally was sad she lost her old binoculars in the fire so Grandma and Papa got her grown up binoculars. She was so excited and couldn't wait to take them on her hikes.
Nana and Papa replaced her gardening tool set. Ally wasn't the only one excited about this gift.
The kids immediately started "working" on the driveway. They were hard workers and made some interesting improvements.
The best purchase I made for the party was this Optimus Prime Pinata. Not only was he a great decoration, the kids loved the Pinata. I need to remember Pinata's for future birthdays, so easy and so much fun!
The kids loved hitting the pianat. We started out with blindfolds but this was no easy pinata to break so the kids got to go for it without any blindfolds. Ally is so very competitive, after we talked about the good hits Cameron was doing she was determined to hit it even harder. Finally they broke the pinata (with a little help from the pull strings) and all the kids filled their bags with candy and fruit snacks.
Ally had the hardest time blowing out her candles. I'm not sure if she was too far away or what but after 4 tries and help from Cameron they were finally out.
I love all the help from family, Linda made the cupcakes (to Ally's specifications) and Alia made the adorable cupcake toppers and party favors.
Colton loved sitting with Papa who gave him bites of frosting.
Ally enjoyed her party, and I was glad it was over. Two birthday parties in two weeks was no easy feat, but it was worth it to give Ally and Colton their special days among all the post fire craziness.
No comments:
Post a Comment