Last Saturday was Allyson's much anticipated birthday party. Sometime near the beginning of the year we were talking about her birthday party and she decided she wanted a piggy party. I thought she would change her mind a few times throughout the year but she stuck with the pig theme. Thanks to the Pinterest we had a fun piggy party!
Of course our day was not without a bit of drama. Each year when I am planning Ally's birthday I have no idea if Steve will still be working and there is always a chance he won't make it home for the party. Last year there was a pretty big fire a few days before that had me worried, but it ended up not being a problem. This year the people of Lake County went crazy Saturday morning and kept Steve so busy he couldn't get off of work at 8am like normal. That left me scrambling trying to do the final party prep without him, hoping he would even make it to the party! Thankfully he did eventually make it to the party, it helped that we started the party about an hour late.
Her adorable invitations. The week leading up to her party Allyson would randomly ask if I mailed certain people and invitation to her piggy party, she wanted to make sure they were coming to her party. Too cute.
I did not make them, I ordered them off Etsy.
We had a delicious lunch of pigs in a blanket. Thankfully Linda and Alia took over the food prep after I cut my finger. Turns out my parents knives are actually sharp (unlike mine).
My favorite decoration, pig paper lanterns!
We had a few simple games, the first was "Feed the Pig" bean bag toss. Linda made the most adorable food bean bags and Steve drew the hungry pig.
Ally concentrating on feeding the pig.
We also played pin the tail on the pig (pig courtesy of Steve again). Allyson informed me later that she did not like this game because she didn't like the blindfold. She wanted to be able to see what she was doing.
The cute piggy hair clips are from an adorable Etsy shop.
Allyson, Jackson, Cameron, Devin, Landon
(Ally needs to befriend some girls!)
Allyson specifically requested party hats (she only had a few specific requests). I thought the kids looked adorable in their party hats.
The piggy cake.
Steve is the artist, not me, but I thought it turned out pretty cute. Allyson requested the piggy cupcakes we had at her Barnyard birthday party (when she turned 2).
Making her wish.
Allyson is so cute opening her presents. She takes her time and wants to play with each gift, I always feel bad that I have to keep pushing her to go faster. No one wants the present opening to last all day!
It was a fun day but I was wiped out (and apparently Ally too!). It is always worth all the work and craziness to see my little girl happy.

1 comment:
You did a great job on the party! It was all very cute. Sorry again about Devin's need to open Ally's presents--all his photo bombs are a good indicator of his lack of personal space :) I love that last picture. Totally priceless!
Post a Comment