It is almost Allyson's birthday, we are in full birthday anticipation mode around here. First we couldn't wait until Aunty Lulu's birthday, because that meant it would be fall. I would ask Allyson what happens in fall, she always answered enthusiastically "my birthday and Halloween!".
Next we began this fun birthday countdown somewhere around 50 days, I wasn't kidding about the anticipation.
When we were a month away from her birthday we made a paper chain to count down the days. (There may or may not have been a marker incident, where marker privileges may or may not have been revoked until further notice.)
You can see part of the paper chain, almost at full length, in the picture of Allyson "camping" in the hall with some of her toys.
Now the paper chain is too short for Allyson to reach by herself.
Taking a paper off the chain is an exciting part of the day around here. I can only hope that her birthday lives up to this much hype!
No comments:
Post a Comment