Allyson has been talking about going camping for months, she loves camping. Steve has been wanting to "camp" with Ally in the yard for a few weeks. One Saturday we thought it was actually going to happen but he got called back into work (thankfully we hadn't told Ally the plans yet). 
Last Monday was finally the day! Steve set up the tent during Ally's nap and she was so excited to see the tent on the lawn. She loved getting the futon, sleeping pad and her toys all situated. She played in the tent for most of the afternoon.
We have never been able to figure out what this silly little door is on the tent but Ally has declared it her door and it worked perfectly.
Eva and I opted to stay in the house since I had to work the next morning and there really wasn't room for the pack n play in the tent. I didn't mind too much.
One of Ally's favorite part of camping is being able to use flashlights, she is an enthusiastic flashlight user.
I love how she scrunches up her nose when she smiles, so cute!
The next morning, proof she did eventually sleep.
She made at least 6 bathroom trips after she "went to bed", I think she liked using the flashlight to walk from the tent to the house more than really needing to use the bathroom. Her last trip was at 10:45 pm and I was in bed. She and daddy had fun looking at the stars and spotting airplanes. So it was almost as authentic as real camping, lack of sleep and all.
No comments:
Post a Comment