Sunday, July 28, 2013

Summer Reading Program

Allyson has always loved going to the library to pick out new books and to visit with Gehlen, and she loves our new big library even more.  This summer added even more fun with a summer reading program.  Allyson loved library day Tuesday, when my mom would take her to story time.  Allyson loved Marcine and would always bring a special treasure for her (a flower, a rock, a leaf or some other treasure). 

Thursday was the big end of the program pizza party.  Allyson was confused at first thinking that because the program was ending that the library was going to be closed and we couldn't go anymore.  We straightened that out but are still sad story time has come to an end.  Ally and Devin had fun at the pizza party and enjoyed their treasure bags.

One of Ally's favorite part of the summer program was the special treat at the end.  Thursday did not disappoint, they enjoyed Otter Pops as their last treat.

I love how much Allyson loves to read.  I love catching her "reading" books to herself, sometimes she follows the story line she remembers other times she makes up her own adventure.  I am glad she is as much a lover of books as I am. 

Inside her treasure bag was this little award for being a Great Listener, which is very true.  My mom would always tell me how well she would sit and listen to the story each week.  

No comments: