Saturday July, 6th was a long awaited and wonderful day in the Cherry Family. Bob went through the temple for the first time, he and Linda were sealed together and then all four Cherry boys were sealed to their parents. It was such a wonderful day, I was glad it all came together in the end.
Sacramento Temple
I was so busy running around and enjoying family I took pitifully few pictures. I can't wait to get a few from Brian and Alia.
It was funny as I thought about the day I realized how crazy and hectic things were before we went into the temple and from the minute we got out of the temple and the rest of the day. I loved that for the few hours we were in the temple how calm and relaxing it was. I wasn't worried about the girls and just enjoyed the moment.
Even though we stayed just down the road from the temple we just made it to the session in time. My parents watched Ally and Eva during the session and they were fine. They dropped the girls off to play with the other cousins just before the sealing. Eva did pretty good for a while and then she just lost it, and nothing would calm her down. Thankfully my mom got out of the temple before I did and was able to calm her down.
Lots of Steve's extended family came to share the special day and we got to catch up with family and meet some family we (Steve and I) didn't know! Ally was in heaven playing with all her cousins, she told me the other day her very favorite was Steve's Aunt Patty, she was the most fun.
Bob's brother Jeff and his two sisters, Diane and Patty, were able to be there, we missed Greg but he was stuck in Tennessee. It was a mini family reunion, which we were grateful for because we don't make it out to Idaho for the official reunions very often.
We were so happy Steve's grandpa was able to make it, it was so good to see him. He is as feisty as ever cracking jokes left and right.
Grandpa Cherry loved holding Eva, he said she was too little to run away so he held her as long as she would let him. I love this picture of Grandpa and Ally talking, even though it is blurry.
That night Grandpa Cherry got Bob and Linda a Wedding Cake and insisted they "cut the cake".
While Linda attempted to smash the cake in Bob's face it all made it in his mouth.
It was a whirlwind weekend but well worth it.

No comments:
Post a Comment