We have been very busy having fun these past few days. Allyson is constantly wanting to "help mommy" which I find pretty cute. However, it is difficult to cook dinner when she is wanting to be right in on the action and doesn't understand why I won't let her help cook on the stove or chop things up with knives. This particular evening I was having a hard time keeping her from dipping her fingers in the egg wash, she didn't understand why I wouldn't let her taste it, gross.
It was too cute when after my attempts at distracting her from cooking she went over to the stool and said "need stool, help mommy". So we pulled the stool up to the sink and removed the breakable dishes and let her go for it. She was in heaven, she love to play in water and will request to "wash hands" many times (not sure how much washing ever gets done).
She loved playing in the water and getting soaked. I loved her fishy face she gave me.
She played until her shirt was soaked and her hands were wrinkly. I need to remember to let her play in the sink more often, it keeps her happy and occupied while I cook dinner.
While we don't yet get to have a "spring break" Tiara and Jimmy do! We are so glad they are spending the week at Grandma and Grandpas, it is so fun to see them and visit. Allyson is pretty good at saying Uncle James and Auntie Lulu. We have stayed up too late and had way too much fun. Allyson is absolutely in heaven. Not only are we going to Grandma and Grandpas almost every day, she has two willing, energetic and hilarious playmates. She has so much fun with her cousins.
Saturday night we got snow at our house! After a late night celebrating Beth's birthday it started to snow on us as we headed home. By the time we reached our house the flakes were large and fluffy, I love it when it snows. Unfortunately it stopped snowing after a few hours and a lot had melted by morning. I think we had about an inch of snow before it melted.
It was really pretty Sunday morning. Unfortunately the snow was almost totally melted by the time we left for church.
Look at this girl!
She ate this entire burger tonight. In true Allyson fashion, "I do it myself" and so she did. We met Grandma, Grandpa, Tiara and Jimmy at the Jolly Kone for dinner. Sadly they were out of chicken nuggets (Allyson's first request) but she seemed to enjoy this burger anyway. It took her quite a while (about an hour) but she finished it all, in between lots of laughs and craziness with her cousins.
1 comment:
Wow She is getting to be such a big girl. I cant believe how fast time seems to fly by. Allyson's almost 3, Zane's little boy is 2. Where does the time go? :) I love the picture with her eating the hamburger. SO CUTE!
Post a Comment