This year Steve was in charge of planning our 6th Anniversary festivities. We usually try to have a little weekend getaway for our anniversary (I think we have done it every year except the year after Allyson was born). Steve planned a fun weekend in Quincy, CA. It was so fun. I was very familiar with the area, my family used to go camping near there all the time, Steve and I used to camp at Buck's Lake but the only times I had been to Quincy we were on our way somewhere else.
Sidenote: I failed at taking pictures of us, I think I was having too much fun to bother hopefully I will be better next time!
We lucked out with beautiful weather the entire time we were there, it also made the drive up the Feather River Canyon all that more enjoyable. Such a beautiful drive.
We stayed at Quincy Courtyard Suites. I loved that we stayed in the Historic Downtown part of Quincy, it was so nice to be able to just walk around downtown from our room.
Thursday night we ate at the highly recommended Sweet Lorraine's. It is this cute tiny spot right next to our hotel. The food was amazing, it definitely lived up to our expectations.
Friday morning Steve had planned for us to visit the Plumas County Museum. He knows me so well. I love learning the history of places and going to museums. This museum was a really good one. It was way bigger than I expected and had tons of interesting things, if you are ever in Quincy you should definitely check it out.
Plumas County has lots of history from the Gold Rush and Ranching,to the Railroad and Logging. I had learned some of the history from our years camping at Plumas Eureka State Park so it was fun to learn even more about the area.
We took the short drive from Quincy to Plumas Eureka State Park. It was closed but we enjoyed the snow and beautiful scenery.
I just love going to the Sierras, the mountains are just so beautiful I enjoy it every time.
For dinner Friday night we were tempted to just go back to Sweet Lorraine's but I wanted to try something new. We tried this French place. We are not very adventuresome eaters but their two for one special made it too hard to pass up. The dinner menu is the same except you choose your entree, so we ended up having things we wouldn't normally try. I surprised myself by really liking the lentil soup (I never would've ordered it).
We had a fun and relaxing time and now I can't wait to go back and explore Quincy some more (maybe in the fall when we can do more hiking). We had a very fun 6th Anniversary!
2 comments:
Happy anniversary! Quincy is a cute little town, though I haven't been there in years. Makes me want to take a trip up there. And I just read your other post too and Allyson is so stinkin' cute! I bet Linda loves having a girl around.
How fun! Happy anniversary!!
Post a Comment