Wednesday, August 31, 2016

August Little Things

Love these three kiddos.

8.2.16
Eva was mad at Ally and I heard her yell "Ally Kathryn!" middle naming her using her own middle name.

Colton choosing the messiest way to "eat" his peach smoothie.
8.3.16
Eva was complaining her straw wasn't pink (it was red).  I told her it was the closest thing to pink that we had.  She excitedly told Ally "I got the closest thing to pink we had!"

Stayed up late prepping for the Summer Reading Program Party for the library.  I was tempted to hold onto the new Harry Potter book, I stayed strong and put it in one very lucky boy's bag.


Eva's latest art materpiece, our family.  I love these "jellyfish" people (Ally labeled each person following Eva's direction).
8.10.16
Eva fell down pretty hard on the driveway.  I tried to avoid eye contact while she was assessing the situation.  I hear her say to herself "I ok, I tough".

Sunday afternoon baking with two very willing taste testers.

8.11.16
As I was waking Colton up from his nap I asked him "don't you want to go pick Ally up from school?"  He said "No!" and rolled back over.

Colton just couldn't stay awake on the way home from story time.
8.15.16
Eva said "oh dear, ant problem".  We have had such a major ant problem all summer the kids are so matter of fact about it.  They beg for the chance to spray the ants (windex is our kid friendly ant killer of choice).

Colton loves dressing up, he brings me a cape and as soon as I put it on he runs all around the house.

8.16.16
Colton saw Ally's ninja turtles on the shelf and he said "ninja turtle".
Last night he brought me a library book about owls and he said "owl"

We had some gorgeous sunsets.


8.18.16
Eva asked if I had popcorn pizza on my shopping list (it is from a song).  When I told her no, she told me "well, put it on your list".

Colton is at a hard age for story time, too little to stay in the stroller (he protests very loudly) and yet he is too young to sit still for all the books.  Colton ran away from me and the tried to "hide" in the bookshelf.
8.19.16
Ally washed and loaded all the lunch and breakfast dishes into the dishwasher all on her own to surprise me.  My favorite kind of surprise.

This picky girl decided she loved this dress from Nana and Papa a mere 3 months after they gave it to us.  She wore it for 3 days straight!

8.20.16
Eva is always saying "goo goo guy guy", usually when she is being silly.

8.22.16
Colton can say "I love you", it sounds more like " I, You"

Ally made me a pot holder when Nana and Papa came to visit.  I love it, it reminds me of the ones I made for my mom when I was little.
8.25.16
Eva was on my back trying to get me to give her a horsey ride.  She said "giddy up horsey! Come on, I know you can do it!".

These girls love playing outside digging in the dirt and sweeping the driveway.  I love how completely opposite their outfits are.

8.27.16
I overheard Ally tell Eva "i'm mad at you!".  Then I heard Eva say "Well, I mad at you because you mad at me!"

8.31.16
I told Eva she needed to stop coloring because it was time to eat.  She did just a little more coloring.  When I asked her to stop again she said "The crayon just did it all by itself".