Saturday Colton finally got his first taste of solid food, the ever so delicious rice cereal. Poor boy had to wait over 6 months for his first solid food. He has been so content with nursing (and he is so easy to nurse) that I had been putting off starting solids. Lately he has shown a big interest in food that we are eating, and then he started waking up much earlier in the morning. I decided I needed to get things on track and get this boys some rice cereal.
He was a great little eater. I think being older helped him with knowing what to do, he actually ate more of the cereal than he wore (opposite of the girls, they wore the majority of their first cereal).
He is just so cute, growing up so fast. I have to be honest, part of my reluctance to start him on solids was pure convenience. It is kind of a hassle once they start on baby food. So many extra things to pack around and remember to bring.
He really likes to grab at the spoon while I feed him, and he has quite the grip. I noticed a little stubbornness coming out when he wouldn't give up the spoon. Apparently he has strong opinions when it comes to food.
While it makes me a little sad that he isn't my little baby anymore it is fun to watch him start new things.

No comments:
Post a Comment