Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Colton 6 Months

This adorable boy turned 6 months old!  He is just the sweetest boy.  This past month it has been fun to see his personality start to emerge. 

His drooling has tapered off this month, he no longer soaks his shirt like he used to (and like it is in this picture).  He still likes to suck on his fingers, and now he takes a pacifier when he takes his naps.  
Thanks to our Idaho trip he is much better at taking naps during the day (ironic I know, but I guess that totally wearing him out helped).  I love rocking him to sleep for his naps, it is such a nice quiet time with just him and me (when Eva will leave us alone that is).  He will usually try and fight off sleep while I rock him but once he starts putting his hands up by his face I know he is about to give in. I love looking at his peaceful little face as he falls asleep.  

He has found his voice and likes to make lots of noise.  He is an expert and blowing raspberries for an extended period of time.  One of his noises almost sounds like "dada" and is pretty cute.  

He loves his saucer, he really gets into playing with the toys.  He can get very upset when I leave him alone in a room and he very loudly voices his displeasure.  

He is such a smiley baby. I love his huge gummy grins, and how he curls up his tongue when he smiles.

We all adore our Colton boy.  Ally always wants to hold him as soon as she wakes up, even though he usually ends up pulling her hair.  Eva doesn't (or can't) say Colton, so she just calls him bebe.  She loves her bebe, but is still a little overpowering with her love.  I have already caught her trying to give him chocolate milk and fish crackers.  Thankfully he wasn't even remotely interested.  I am going to have to watch the two of them very carefully!

We just can't get enough of our sweet Colton boy.  He puts up with our crazy schedules, dragging him to Tball games, church meetings and all our errands staying happy most of the time.  We can't wait to see what the next month will bring.

1 comment:

Rich and Brianne said...

Oh my, I love him. So cute! And loved the anecdote about Eva trying to feed him chocolate milk and fish crackers.