Now I know the title is confusing because the only pictures in the post are of sleeping children but trust me, this was a no nap day.
This week has been a bit of a crazy week. Steve has been gone all week taking a fire investigation class. I have been so spoiled having him home so much lately. After Colton was born he was home every night after work (such a nice change, though temporary) and then since February I have been spoiled to have him home.
Ally had minimum days 4 out of 5 days this week, since she is in afternoon T-K minimum days mean she goes to school from 8-12 instead of 11-2:45. Not a great switch for my sleep late children.
Still despite all of the craziness we were doing pretty well (thanks in large part to my parents taking over getting Ally to school at 8:15 all week).
Today just turned into one of "those" days and I just wanted to remember it in all its craziness.
Colton slept in an extra hour later than his normal wake up time. So nice! Eva and I had a little quiet time to ourselves to snuggle on the couch. Since he woke up late it pushed his morning nap back, and by the time he was ready to go down for a nap it was only an hour before I had to go pick Ally up from school. I tried to put him down for his nap but he wasn't having it so he got the 15 minute car power nap.
When it came time for his afternoon nap Colton just didn't seem to settle down. He was whining and then full on crying. After some investigation it turns out he had a blowout and he was unhappy (can't blame him). After that was cleaned up I had given up on Eva's nap (see below) and we all headed outside. Colton was playing on his blanket enjoying the sunshine. Soon I noticed he had fallen asleep on his blanket.
Eva was so cute this morning. We read lots of books together on the couch and then again on while we were on the floor together. On our way to pick up Ally I noticed she was getting drowsy, so I kept talking to her to keep her awake. No problem. After we got back home I put Eva down for her nap, I could hear her playing in her crib but she usually settles down after a few minutes. After 20 minutes I went in, retrieved her pacifier and monkey blanket (thrown out of the crib) and laid her down again. Repeat this 2 or 3 more times (I lost count) and I finally gave into the fact that she just wasn't going to take her nap.
She wasn't grumpy and we had fun playing outside together.
During dinner I noticed she seemed rather subdued but I didn't think too much of it. Eventually Ally and I had finished dinner but Eva was still slowly working on hers. Colton had another blowout, much worse than the previous one, and I left Eva to finish while I tackled the mess. During one of my trips through the dining room I noticed Eva's eyes getting heavy and she looked like she was falling asleep. I talked to her and she giggled and was suddenly wide awake.
My next pass through she had finished her dinner so I cleaned her up and cleared her plate. As I was wiping off her hands and face she kept falling asleep. I couldn't believe it! I still had some cleaning up to do with Colton and so I left her in her high chair only to come back and find her passed out. Before I had a chance to get her down from her high chair she had laid down on her tray.
Against my better judgement I woke her up, lets just say she was none too happy to be awake. The rest of the evening (which I did cut short with mercifully early bedtimes) she was extremely sensitive and there was much crying. I did feel bad for her, I know she was just exhausted but on the other hand she should have slept for her nap.
1 comment:
Those pictures of Eva are priceless!
Post a Comment