Colton is 4 months old! And has been for almost two weeks, I am a little behind. I can't believe how the time is flying by, he is such a sweet boy and he is just growing so fast.
This last month involved a lot of hand chewing and drooling. He drools so much that he has a rash under his chin. We do our best to keep it dry and put cream on it but he just drools so much.
He is growing so much. He is growing out of his 3-6 month clothes and is wearing a lot of 6 month clothes. We go to the doctor next week so we will see just how big he is.
Colton got the same nasty cold that is going around (the girls and I have had it). It started off with a cough and we just kept an eye on it. Friday the 6th (during the crazy rain storm) Colton started to get really sick. His cough was worse and he just seemed miserable, not smiling or being his happy self. I called the doctor to see what they would say (especially since it was a Friday) they ran his symptoms by the doctor who recommended we not come in. There were having so many sick kids come through the office they didn't want anyone to come in unless absolutely necessary (which I did appreciate).
As the day went on poor Colton just got worse, he was so miserable. I kept taking his temperature throughout the day making sure he didn't have a fever. Since there was so little I could do for him and he was so miserable Steve and my dad gave him a blessing. Right as my dad got to our house Colton had a fever of 100.2*, so of course I was immediately on the phone to our pediatrician. Since Colton has been so healthy and doesn't have any risk factors there still wasn't much that I could do. He did tell me to give him a dose of tylenol and try to keep him comfortable. After the blessing, the tylenol and a bath Colton was finally able to relax and fall asleep (and the fever dropped), and he slept through the night.
It is so scary when babies get sick and their little bodies are fighting so hard. I didn't like seeing our happy boy so miserable. While the worst was over that night the cold (with the cough) hung around for quite a while. I am so grateful he is back to being healthy again.
Colton has started to discover that his hands are more than a great pacifier. He plays with his hands and is starting to grasp onto things. He has a really strong grip! The other day he had a hold of his burp cloth and Eva was trying to take it away. At first she was confused about what was going on, and when she saw Colton holding onto the burp cloth she tried prying his fingers off. It took a few tries but in the end she was successful.
He is discovering his voice and using it more and more. I love hearing the sweet baby sounds he makes. He is doing lots of "talking" these days. I love hearing his happy cooing.
He likes to play with his tongue, it is so fun to watch him figuring how his body works and all the things he can do.
While he is happy most of the time, he does have his moments. Especially when mom takes too many pictures. I love how his bottom lip will tremble and fold over into a frown. He has the cutest sad face.
1 comment:
He's so adorable; I just want to squish him!
Post a Comment