Monday morning I got the crazy idea to go and hike around Boggs Lake Preserve. I had heard of Boggs Lake a few times but I didn't really know where it was (it is not in Boggs Forest like I thought) or what to expect. It was a beautiful sunny day, Allyson didn't have school and I wanted to get out of the house. After a bit of searching I found some driving directions and we were on our way. I called my parents and they decided to join us on our last minute adventure.
We followed a little trail that we thought would take us around the lake. It ended up just being a short loop trail that followed the lake for the first half.
Eva was a great hiker, she had so much fun. Grandma and Papa helped her navigate the rough trail. It is slow going hiking with a toddler, but it is so fun to watch her enjoying the outdoors.
Ally found a tree stump she wanted to stand on
Since Ally stood on the stump little miss "me too" had to stand on the stump too.
We cut our hike short when our the batteries in our GPS died (there was a geocache hidden by the lake),Colton was getting hungry and I wanted to make sure we got back home in time for Eva to have a nap.
Ally really didn't want to leave but we promised her we would come back to find the geocache and for more exploring.
I couldn't believe we had never been to Boggs Lake before, it is a beautiful spot, you felt like you were in the Sierra instead of in Lake County. It is a perfect spot for little hikers and we will be back for more outdoor fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment