Friday, December 13, 2013

Freezing!

We had a few weeks of ridiculously cold weather.  Remember my complaint about the hot weather?  Apparently mother nature is a bit moody this year and is all about extremes.  We had about 5 days where our water was frozen in the morning.  Steve did everything he could to wrap the pipes and keep them from freezing, but things weren't built for this kind of weather. 

While taking Allyson to dance last week it was 39* at 4:00 in the afternoon, much too cold for this Californian.  

Most mornings were right around 20* for more than a week!  Compared to my parents who had a low of 9* I guess it wasn't all that bad. 
We spent most of our time putting wood in the stove or emptying the ashes, and we still struggled to keep our house warm.  Usually I can get our house toasty warm in no time (even a bit too toasty for Steve) but not this time.   I am glad it has finally warmed up a little, this morning the low was only 28*.  Now if only we can get some rain!


No comments: