Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christmas Eve Fun

This year all of my brothers came home for Christmas, and the Christmas festivities began on Christmas Eve.  I was pleasantly surprised to find out I didn't have to work on Christmas Eve, a great Christmas present if you ask me!  I was able to wrap presents and make my contributions to Christmas dinner without so much stress. 

We continued the tradition of Christmas Caroling around the ranch.  This year my dad hooked up his generator and decorated the trailer with Christmas lights, I loved it! 
Ally was more than a little excited to be with her cousins, and for all the Christmas fun.




We caroled around the ranch and to a few of our neighbors.  We aren't the best singers, and we had a limited repertoire but we were enthusiastic.  Ally was really getting into the singing. 

By the time we were headed back it was pretty chilly and Eva had fallen asleep in my arms (a rare chance for cuddling that I enjoyed).

Next up was the traditional acting out of the Nativity Story.






Just before bedtime (a later than normal bed time) the Grandkids got to open a present from Grandma and Grandpa, new pajamas!

Eva opening her present while still in the manger.

All the kids ready for bed.

Ally was very serious about going to sleep so Santa could come, she was very insistent that we all obeyed the rule so Santa could come quickly.  She quickly shut down Uncle James' idea of peeking at the presents during the night because she was worried Santa would take them away if she was awake. As I was tucking her in for the night she asked me if I was going to bed right then, I told her I still had to make a salad for the next day.  She said "I have a good idea! You can go to bed now and make the salad in the morning." 

No comments: