Another collection from the last month or so.
Out of the blue Ally said "When I am a mommy I will still have froggy blankie, and all my toys and things." Then she said something about car seats, so I asked her if she would still be in a car seat when she is a mommy, she said "no, I won't need a car seat, I will be driving the car. Mommy's drive and I will be old enough to drive" I love that she doesn't want to give up her froggy blankie when she grows up!
She used to call my Kindle "calendar", she is always asking to play games on the calendar. She even tried to help Steve when he was using it, she was frustrated he was doing it "wrong".
Declares "I am in charge of poopy diapers" and insists she has to "watch" if I am changing a poopy diaper. She has no interest whatsoever in "boring" wet diapers. She doesn't want to help (thank goodness I guess) but she has to watch.
When we ask her why she is so strong, or why she does something so well she responds with "because I am a big sister". Apparently being a big sister makes you very skilled.
After she gets in trouble she will ask me "mom, are you happy now?" and will keep asking it until I am happy again. If she is in trouble for accidently hurting Eva she will explain "but I said I was sorry, are you happy now?"
Almost every night as I give her a hug and kiss goodnight she tells me "mom you smell like spit up". which is a very true statement. Often she punctuates this statement with a dramatic plugging of her nose. At end of the day I do smell like spit up, I remind her it is just like when she was a baby. Not that I blame her for complaining, it does stink. It is just a fact of life for the moment.
Did you know we have a script we have to follow in our house? Me neither. When Ally and I are talking sometimes she disagrees with my response and tells me what I have to say. For example, she was getting ready for bed and was brushing her teeth. Once she was done brushing I asked her if it was my turn to brush her teeth. When she said "yes" I said "ok", she stopped me and said "no you say yay!". So I said "yay!" and she corrected me again. Apparently when I miss my lines we have to start at the beginning of the scene. So we started over and I got my lines the second time. This girl is funny.
When Steve is gone at work (especially during the long stretches) Ally will say "tell daddy that" after almost everything. She wants to make sure he is kept up to speed with the exciting things in our life, like how high she can jump, or the spider web we saw in the orchard.
The other day Allyson asked me if Eva had cried in the night. When I told her no she said "that's good, she's not mixed up anymore!". We are so glad Eva isn't "mixed up" with her sleeping anymore! Eva has been sleeping well at nights for quite a while now, I thought it was cute Allyson was still thinking about it.
1 comment:
She just cracks me up! Love her :-)
Post a Comment