The week leading up to the Valley Fire Anniversary was a hard one for me. So many memories, feelings and emotions would come at the most unexpected times. I hadn't really thought about doing anything on the actualy anniversary but my mom had the idea to do something. I'm glad she did
We decided to take a ride around the ranch and take some treats to my parents neighbors.
The kids were excited to ride in the back of Papa's pickup truck, Colton was especially excited.
It was a beautiful and cool evening, completely opposite of the very same evening one year ago. It was peaceful, quite and calm.
I few days before the anniversary I went out to McKinley Drive to check on the progress of our house. While I was there took the picture on the right. One year later some things look exactly the same, our neighbors tall (unmowed) dry grass and the oak trees. The hills are still scarred from the fire, and they will be for many years.
I'm glad for the progress we've made in this past year. Some things have returned to normal, some parts of us are still healing while other parts are forever changed.






No comments:
Post a Comment