Thursday, June 9, 2016

Haircuts!

All three kids were long overdue for haircuts and with school out we finally had time in our schedule to make them happen. 

Eva jumped at the chance to be first, really she just wanted to get her lollipop.

Eva's beautiful blonde hair needed some evening up, and I am afraid the blonde might not stay around too long.  There was a distinct color difference between the end of her hair and her roots (in the after picture her hair is wet, it isn't quite that dark yet).

Ally was up next!  

Her hair had gotten so long!  It was starting to get harder to manage it was so long.  She was a little concerned when she saw how much of her hair was one the ground, Grandma and I assured her that her hair was still pretty long.  


Colton was the last, I was hoping seeing his sisters get their haircut would help him and he wanted up on the stool (he also really wanted his lollipop!).

Coltons's beautiful curls was the main reason I kept putting off haircuts for everyone.  His hair was getting pretty wild, it looked fine right after I combed it but it never lasted long.  I knew he needed it cut, and I knew he would look so handsome once it was cut.  I also knew he would look much more grown up, and much less like my little baby boy.  So with great sadness I cut off those beautiful curls.  Colton did pretty good sitting still while I trimmed the back and around his ears. 

I knew I wanted to save some of Colton's golden curls and then I thought why not save a little from the girls too.  We lost the little snips of hair I had saved from their first haircuts in the fire so now we have new keepsakes.  I really wanted to save some of Eva's blonde hair in case it changes.

No comments: