This year the we had the Cherry Reunion in Monterey. I decided that it would be fun to take the scenic route down Hwy 1. Steve indulged me (though he wanted to get there as quickly as possible) and we made a few pit stops to enjoy the sights along the way (and to let everyone stretch their legs).
Our first stop was the Marin Headlands for some amazing views of the Golden Gate Bridge. It was ridiculously crowded (I should have known on a Sunday afternoon) but still beautiful.
The kids didn't love posing for pictures, but when you get a lot of silliness it takes a lot of pictures to get a good one!
As we were walking around we watched a big oil tanker go under the bridge into the bay.
It was back into the car for more driving (and handing out of snacks). I really to take the Hwy 1 route because I had never driven Hwy 1 between San Francisco and Monterey. It was a beautiful drive and I was so glad we took the scenic route.
We saw a sign for the Pigeon Point Lighthouse and I thought Steve was joking when he asked if I wanted to stop (from the man who never wants to stop). Of course I said yes! Sadly it wasn't that great of a stop with very stinky bathrooms and an interesting looking hostel. Still we stretched our legs, checked out the lighthouse (that is sadly deteriorating), and ran around.
Finally we made it to the beach front vacation home. We unpacked and headed out to the beach (just steps away!).
Ally found a sand crab!
Colton loved chasing waves with daddy.
We enjoyed the first amazing sunset of our trip.
The cousins were so happy to see each other, and to see Nana and Papa! Here are the older cousins enjoying some hot chocolate with Nana before bed.








No comments:
Post a Comment