Sunday, January 31, 2016

January Little Things & Kid Quotes

1/1/16
Eva sings Old McDonald "have a farmer have a cow, e-i-e-i-o"

1/7/16
The least two days Eva has practically put herself down for a nap.  She starts asking if it is nap time and she goes looking for her monkey blanket.

This picture epitomizes Eva, from the tutu to my high heels.  I love it.  I took this as we were getting ready to go on one of our hikes out at the Ranch.  I love my girly girl.

1/15/16
The leg came off of Ally's new Ninja action figure (I was able to easily reattach it).  She said "What!?! This had 5 stars!" Nana let her order it off Amazon and Ally was really taken with the number of stars on the reviews.

Colton is in a very challenging stage for church, the super active but not quite old enough for nursery stage.  We run the sunday school side show with his wanderings and antics, thankfully people don't seem to mind (or at least they don't show it).  Even though Sundays are hard for me I love seeing my little man in his Sunday best.  Adorably handsome, I just can't get enough.

An epic Eva meltdown, it was truly awful.  She simply refused to walk.  I was more than a little stressed, it was pickup time for Ally and we were stuck in the pharmacy parking lot.  I couldn't carry Colton, the umbrella and Eva.  So she screamed in the parking lot as other parents walked by while I texted Ally's teacher about our predicament.  We waited until the after school rush was over and drove up to the curb to meet Ally and her teacher.
The bright side of this very embarrassing (and frustrating) episode is I can now pick Ally up curbside every day!  Ally's teacher felt sorry for me (and the other mom's with babies) and organized a way to have our kindergartners safely picked up curbside.  Lifesaver!!

More Sunday School antics by Colton.  He was so very tired but wouldn't let me hold him.  Instead he wandered to the front of the room and laid down on the floor.  He did this many times before hopping up and continuing his wanderings.

1/18/16
Eva took quite a bit of time tonight checking out her teeth in the mirror.  It made me so sad when she said "I don't love my broken tooth".

1/21/16
Eva says "That's awesome!!" as she makes her toy car jump off the step.

Eva "reading" my cookbook.  She looked through each and every page examining the pictures and offering her opinion on the recipes.  

1/21/16
I asked Eva if she wanted me to read her a book before her nap.  She said "No, we still having fun."  Apparently if fun is being had it isn't time for naps.


We made a quick visit to Daddy at work (he left his wallet at home).  It was pouring down rain but the girls insisted on checking out the engines.  They looked so cute walking back to the car I tried to take a quick picture.  I ended up with a much cooler picture thanks to the water droplets on my window.

1/24/16
Eva gets so concerned if I leave a drawer or cupboard open for even a minute she says "oh no!" and insists that I immediately close the offending drawer or cupboard.

A rare non story time visit to the library with all 3 kids.  It was the perfect rainy day activity.  Ally loved being able to visit the library (we usually go when she is in school), Colton loved being free of his stroller.  They all had fun playing with the toys and exploring books. When it was time to leave Eva insisted on sitting down and "reading" a stack of books before we left.

I have tried to make a conscious effort to let the kids play outside (weather permitting).  In our rental house I can't really see them playing when I am inside, so I have to go out with them (and Colton insists on going out and he still needs extra supervision).  They had a blast with their driveway soccer game.

I love living in a small town, I especially love the special treatment I get at the post office.  The ladies there know me and always get my packages before I even ask.  This particular day I had quite a few packages (I was only expecting 1) and all 3 kids.  They took pity on me and loaded my packages in a cart for me.  I can't even tell you how much I appreciated their thoughtfulness, they are they best.

1/26/16
I told Eva we were going to the library for story time.  She clasped her hands together and said "I love library!"

Colton is just so adorable.  He is loving this tractor he got for his birthday.  He has finally figured it out and rides it all around.

1/31/16
Eva is obsessed with saying things are gross.  She says "that gross" to everything from an over ripe banana to Colton's snotty nose.

No comments: