Monday, July 6, 2015

4th of July

While we were still recovering from our trip to Ione we had to celebrate the 4th of July.  We let daddy sleep in and we headed off to the Allred's 4th of July breakfast.  As always it was lots of fun, good food and good company.

The girls had lots of fun.  I wish I knew what the conversation was between the Cherry girls and the Redford boys. 

Eva really wanted to go on the swing, and Ryder was kind enough to push her.  He pushed her for a really long time, and might have kept going but we had to leave.

Grandpa went with Ally and Eva on the Redford's fire truck.  These girls saw quite a few fire trucks in the last few days!

After a quick stop at a yard sale (where we somehow acquired another baby doll for Eva) it was home for quiet time and naps.  


Steve took the girls to Calistoga to see the fireworks while I stayed home with Colton.  I debated about taking Colton and seeing how it might go, but in the end I am glad we stayed home.  It would've been too late and much too loud for him.  I did enjoy a relaxing quiet evening, it was much needed.

Even though it was still really warm at home it was chilly in Calistoga.  The girls gladly wore their sweatshirts.  Despite the coolness they still managed to eat their shave ice.  They waited and waited so patiently for the fireworks show (it started really late).  We don't think we will go back to Calistoga next year, they raised the admission price and Steve and my parents said the show just wasn't as good.  Time to find a new tradition.

Sunday morning on the way to church.  I knew the kids were tired but I didn't expect Ally to pass out!  It had gotten really quiet in the back and I looked back and saw that Ally and Colton were sleeping.  Needless to say naps were in order for everyone that afternoon.

Sunday night Hidden Valley had their fireworks, and it was my turn to take the girls while Steve stayed home with Colton.  We had baths and put on jammies before heading out to meet Grandma and Grandpa.  Last year my parents found a great spot to watch the fireworks that wasn't very crowded.  Somehow the word got out and there were tons of people!  We still found a great spot (outside the gates for us non members).
My parents wanted Eva to try out a new car seat they got just to make sure it worked.  She loved sitting in it and stayed there until right before the fireworks.  Eva was so excited and didn't get scared at all (she was a little scared in Calistoga).  She kept saying "fireworks" in her cute little voice. 

Ally had so much fun, and she really enjoyed the treats Grandma brought.  We had a great weekend celebrating Independence Day.  Eva still asks to see more fireworks and Ally was sad when she realized it would probably be a whole year before she gets to see fireworks again.

No comments: