I had been meaning to give the girls haircuts for a while but kept putting it off. I was a little worried about Eva, I needed her to hold still and that pretty much never happens. Finally we were at Grandma's house (she has the good hair cutting tools!) and the girls weren't too tired so we went for it.
Ally's hair had gotten so long! The ends were pretty uneven at this point and she just needed a trim. I thought I was really chopping a lot off but it is still long. I love how much healthier it looks now.
My secret weapon for haircuts? Lollipops of course.
I strategically had Ally go first so Eva could watch and see the whole process. That way she new what was going to happen, and she could see that Ally didn't mind getting her hair cut. It worked like a charm, Eva always wants to do whatever Ally is doing. She is constantly saying "my turn, my turn".
In all my nervousness I forgot to take a before picture of Eva! This was her first haircut ever! She really needed her hair to be evened up, it just doesn't grow out evenly from the baby stage. I have to say the combination of a lollipop and Grandma helping worked and Eva had very few wiggles. I think she liked sitting up on the stool with her lollipop just like Ally if you ask me.
I am going to have to work on giving them haircuts more frequently. While I was nervous I didn't mess up like I feared, thank goodness for straight hair!







No comments:
Post a Comment