Last week Eva was really grumpy and clingy. About halfway through the day I noticed that she was really warm, turns out she had a temperature of 103*. She seemed fine otherwise, still playing so I wasn't too worried. After taking a peek I noticed she was cutting two molars at once. I figured the fever was a result of her teething.We were supposed to go swimming at my Aunt Kathryn's house but we decided to send Ally with Grandma and Papa while Eva stayed home to rest.
Sadly she kept getting worse, she was very lethargic and refused to eat. I could barely get her to drink. The poor thing was so miserable I even let her have her pacifier outside of her bed. Anything to help her calm down.
Saturday she wasn't feeling any better. The only thing she wanted to do was watch Frozen. It is pretty hard to say not to her sad little voice asking for Elsa, so I gave in and we watched Frozen about 5 times in one day.
She put up a huge fight when I tried to put her down for her nap, one of her biggest tantrums ever (which is saying something). So I gave up and let her watch Frozen one more time. While she was watching she started to fall asleep (she almost fell over) so I gave her a pillow and she fell asleep. Ally covered her with a blanket. She slept for a long time on the couch.
Sunday afternoon, just as Eva was starting to feel better, I noticed that Colton was feeling warm. I took his temperturate and sure enough he had a fever as well. I realized it wasn't just teething for Eva and we were in this for the long haul. Later that afternoon my mom called to tell me Ally wasn't feeling so well and she had a fever as well. Thankfully she stayed at Grandma's that night so I only had two sickies to deal with.
It was a rough few days with little sleep and crankiness all around. Then with the kids starting to recover I came down with the fever. I suppose it was inevitable especially given how run down I was taking care of all the sick kids. With Steve gone at work it was not a fun few days, we were in survival mode. Thankfully my parents helped us out as much as they could.
I am so glad that we are all feeling better, I am especially grateful for good health after those rough few days.




No comments:
Post a Comment