Things have been pretty crazy around here lately. I keep thinking things will eventually calm down, but it doesn't appear to be happening (maybe when school is out...I can hope). I have been wanting to plant our garden for a few weeks but it just kept getting pushed back (Steve had stuff to do for Cal Fire, and some house projects that came first). When Steve got called into work last minute (long story of miscommunication) we were happy but I had little hope of getting my garden put in.
Thankfully my parents came to the rescue!
My dad came over and dug out our grow boxes and added new dirt. While my mom and Ally went to the nursery to buy our tomato and cucumber plants.
The girls were so excited to help Papa in the garden, and he was patient enough to let them help.
Ally has loved working in the school garden, she always comes home with exciting stories and information. Just the other day she was playing with some plants I had pulled up and she said "mom look it is the cotyledon!" While it sounded familiar my ag teacher brain is a bit rusty, she told me it was the baby leaf. I love watching her learn (and having her help me learn).
I love my hard working girls.
It was wacky tacky day at school so Ally had her shirt on backwards.
Papa and Grandma played with Colton while the girls helped me plant.
Thank goodness it was bath night. The girls were covered in sticky popsicle juice and lots and lots of dirt.
It makes me so happy to look out and see my little garden! I can't wait until we have our fresh cucumbers, tomatoes and basil.







No comments:
Post a Comment