We have had a very mild and sunny January. While I know we need the rain I love these warm sunny days, we love playing outside and soaking up the sunshine.
I think Eva looks so beautiful in this picture. The lighting is all wrong but I love her coloring and her lips in this picture. Ironically she is making this adorable face because she is telling me "No!" (I forget why).
My silly Eva girl, the faces she makes. She was getting grumpy, tired and hungry. We headed inside for lunch and naps soon after I took this picture.
Evenings can be so crazy at our house. The rush of making and eating dinner (timing it right so the kids aren't starving but waiting for Steve to be home...tricky), playing with daddy and then bedtimes. It isn't always my favorite part of the day, but I need to remember these fun after dinner times.
I don't know why Ally decided to dig through her drawers and give us a fashion show, but it was hilarious. Not only is this creative ensemble an interesting mix of colors, patterns and seasons everything is too small for her.
She was pretty proud of her outfit, and loved that we found it so funny.
Colton is learning that with two older sisters even he can't escape dress up time. One morning Ally and Eva were playing in the costumes and Colton was lucky enough to wear the witch's hat. He doesn't look too thrilled about it.
This boy is just so sweet, I can't get enough of him.
We have been struggling with naps for him. For a while I thought we were done with the swing (I was so sad) he didn't like being it in and wouldn't fall asleep in it anymore. Thankfully I tried one more time before I was going to put the swing away and he fell right asleep. I was so happy! His naps are still hit and miss, many days he just takes short little 30 minute naps. I think that has something to do with having to wake him up to come with us on school runs or other errands.
I am not looking forward to transitioning him to his crib for naps, every time I have tried that he wakes up after 5 minutes. We will deal with that when the time comes, for now he and I will both enjoy the swing.
Eva has taken a huge interest in books lately (making this book loving mom very proud). As always with Eva you can't force her into anything, this was her idea. She will bring me (or any willing reader) a book to read to her. Once you finish that book she gets another, and another. I guess all those days at storytime are paying off!
I tried to capture her laying on the bean bag chair "reading" to herself but by the time I got the camera she had moved. I especially love the post nap hair and food all over her face look.
Those beautiful blue eyes!
Steve says that Eva reminds him of Linus from The Peanuts. She takes her blanket everywhere with her. I have tried to be sneaky and hide it when we go to play outside but she can't be fooled. And because I don't love huge tantrums I usually give in and let her take her blanket (and two baby dolls) wherever she wants. Ironically she is ok with leaving them in the car when we go places (school, church or the store).
This girl tries my patience with her hair. She hates having me do her hair, and I refuse to let her just have her hair in her face, it is a battle I am willing to fight. Some mornings it really is a battle and I am lucky to get one hair tie in. Luckily once the hair ties are in she doesn't pull them out (that would probably push me over the edge).
She always thinks she wants me to do her hair when I am doing Ally's hair (she wants to do everything Ally does) but when it comes to her turn she only lasts 1 second. I employ as many tricks as I can, often putting on a show or letting her brush her teeth (a.k.a. eat toothpaste), or play with the spray bottle. She has such thick beautiful hair and it is getting long enough where I could do a few different styles but she just isn't having it.
This boy is just so handsome, and chubby. I absolutely loved this outfit he wore to church, so adorable! He still loves to suck on his hands and drools all over the place.
![]() |
| Allyson , January 2010 |
I came across a post of Allyson about the same age as Colton is and I was shocked how similar they look, his coloring is more like Eva's though. I always think Colton looks so different from the girls, but I guess I just forget exactly what Ally looked like as a baby.
His hair is staying pretty light, sometimes it even looks like it has some red in it. For now it almost looks strawberry blonde, we will see if stays that color or not.
One evening while I was cooking dinner Allyson called me into see what Eva had done to Colton. I guess Eva really wanted to share some toys with Colton. I am glad she used the baby toys, and left some room for his head to peek out. He is sure loved by his sisters.

1 comment:
What great pictures! I remember Ally wearing that coat--crazy to see Eva wearing it. We've been having a warm winter too, and I love it, even if I know I should be praying for rain/snow!
Post a Comment