Thursday, January 1, 2015

December Little Things

I gave Eva one of her Christmas presents early, rain boots!  She needed them when we went up to the forest to cut down our Christmas Tree.  As much as this girl is obsessed with shoes, she is also very particular about them.  She did not like these boots at fist.  I am not sure what it was about them.  Thankfully Steve was able to distract her enough to get her to walk around outside in them.  After that she was fine in them.  Silly girl.

This picture is classic Ally, she loves to make silly and crazy faces.  She always makes me laugh.

One night Steve baked chocolate chip cookies with the girls.  They were in heaven, I think their contributions were mostly cleanup, by way of licking spoons and bowls. 

Play dough is a favorite activity in our house these days.  I love it, since I only let Eva play with it in her high chair the mess is minimal.  They usually play with play dough when I am cooking, so they are near the kitchen and not bothering Colton who is in the swing (lets be honest, Eva is the only one I worry about).  Ally gets to sweep the floor after to try and keep little pieces of play dough from wandering onto the carpet. 

Sometimes instead of a crazy face she will give me her adorable smile.  If you look close you can see her painted nails, this is a new development for her.  She has always been interested when I paint my nails.  At first she didn't want her nails painted at all, then she wanted them painted as long as it was a pale pink or nude color.  A month or so ago she surprised me by requesting red nails, she loves them.  I have to admit I like to see a little bit of girly girl in her every once in a while.

Eva has enjoyed having some one on one time with mommy (sort of, Colton is usually around).  I love her fun personality.  

Colton is so loved by his sisters, sometimes a bit too much.  It is so cute how much they love interacting with him.  Ally wanted to make sure Colton had toys to play with in his swing, Eva kept raiding his toy stash.  I am sure this problem will persist for a few years at least. 


I love our Fisher Price Nativity set.  It is perfect for the girls to play with and learn more about the Christmas Story.  I laugh at the many different scenarios the girls come up with.  Have you heard the one where a wise man is driving a tractor pulling baby Jesus?  No?


Or how about the one where the angel is accompanied by Transformers?

This stinker always tried to sneak onto the computer.  Whenever I forget to put away the laptop and leave the living room unattended she gets on the laptop and pounds away.  Thankfully our computer is now password protected (for this very reason) so no real damage is ever done.  All the same do you see that grin, she knows she is doing something she isn't supposed to be doing.  

1 comment:

Rich and Brianne said...

Can't believe how big Ally looks! I love the pic of the two of them eating cookies. So adorable. Looks like all is going wonderfully for your cute family!