This year we had Thanksgiving at my parents and almost everyone was able to make it (we missed Aunty Beth). We are getting to be quite the crowd now, we grew by two this year (Sarah and Colton!) and are really filling up my parents house.
Aunty Lulu with Colton
Colton got to meet the rest of the family and it was nice to have lots hands willing to help with Colton.
The girls had so much fun playing with Aunts, Uncles and cousins. It is so fun to watch them build relationships with
Thanksgiving Dinner was delicious! I think Eva feasted exclusively on rolls (my mom's rolls are delicious) but it was Thanksgiving so I tried not to worry about it. It was such a balancing act to get all the food ready and on the table, and everyone at the table we missed out on our traditional picture at the dinner table.
I think marriage agrees with Wes, he has become domesticated doing things like Thanksgiving dishes.
The girls working on a duet after Thanksgiving Dinner. Ally sat up to the piano to play around and Eva had to climb on up and join in. They looked pretty cute sitting up there together, it wouldn't mind if someday they do play duets together.
Until then I think it is a must for Eva to always play the higher octaves. She plays with gusto and the higher octaves aren't as hard on the listeners and she pounds the keys.
After Thanksgiving Dinner we had celebratory wagon ride around the ranch. Everyone brought out their Giants gear and we had a belated World Series celebration.
I tired to get a picture of my three little Giants fans but this was the best I could get. I think it is pretty cute how much my girls love their little brother.
The rest of the weekend we packed full of family time and fun. We took advantage of having Marshall in town and put his photography skills to work. There was a major woodcutting party to fill my parents woodshed, that is no small feat and they did it in record time. We made our regular trip to the Cowpoke, followed by a trip to the local museum. They had a special display in November for Veteran's Day of local Veterans past and present. My dad had a bunch of his stuff from the his Navy days on display.
We had a lot of fun and completely wore the girls out each and every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment