Monday, May 5, 2014

Dance

Saturday Allyson had her much anticipated Spring Dance Recital.  She has loved doing dance again, this time she was in a beginning tap and ballet class.  She really progressed a lot these last few months.  If you remember her performance at her Christmas Recital (here) was tear filled without much dancing. 
When dance classes started up again in January she wasn't so sure she wanted to go (she had a new teacher and change is hard).  Thankfully she has loved it.  These last few months have really built up her confidence as well as her dance skills.
On the way to the recital, hair and makeup done!  As for the hair thank goodness for Pinterest, it made my job so much easier.  Allyson had been pretty excited for her recital, especially since both sets of grandparents were coming.  However, Saturday morning she was unsure about the whole thing, she informed me that "she was still thinking about dancing on the stage".  I pulled out all the stops and promised her a trip to the toy store (which she has been asking for lately) if she did her whole dance on stage.  

Backstage before the show, we checked out the stage together and found her class.  I asked her to smile and pose, this is her nervous smile for sure.  I am proud of her though, she was brave and not one tear!

Backstage with her class.  Once I got her settled in with the girls from her class I told her I was leaving to go sit in the audience.  She was totally fine with me leaving, I told her "good luck" as I was leaving.  She told me "you don't need to wish me good luck", well ok then!  I was especially thankful she let me leave because if I stayed backstage I was afraid it would give her an excuse to not go on stage. 


She did great! She walked right out on stage and did her dance.  The last few weeks before the recital I was impressed by how well she knew her routine, it was pretty long with lots of different steps but she knew them all.  




Happy girl after the show.  She was lucky enough to get flowers from both her grandparents, lucky girl.

This is her "movie star" pose, it was one of the moves in the dance that she never quite got down.  

Our pretty dance girl!
She had fun and couldn't wait to go to the toy store where she picked out a well earned toy.  That night as I was putting her to bed I told her how proud I was of her for doing her dance on the stage.  She told me "my heart is proud of me too!".  It was a big day and we are proud of our dancer!  I love that dance helped her come out of her shell and that she had so much fun doing it.

Steve the dance dad.

2 comments:

Katie M. Brown said...

SO cute!

Unknown said...

she is so flippin adorable! And you nailed the hairdo- well done.