Thursday, June 7, 2012

End of the Campaign

The election is over!  Monday night we had one last push for the campaign and supporters held signs up at the major intersection in town.
Even Ally got in on the fun.  It was kind of fun holding signs and see people we knew, not as bad as I thought it would be.  

Just one of the corners, we had people at all four!  Do you see that poor little lonely girl?  She was really good about staying back from the street and next to the building.  She was a trooper.

She did look like a poor little homeless girl eating her pizza on the corner.  Grandma kept her occupied by letting her color on one of the campaign signs (I never would've thought of that).

Tuesday was the day we have all been waiting for (and working towards).  I know this picture is a bit blurry (I felt a bit self conscious taking a picture of my ballot in the voting booth) I just wanted to document my vote!
After working harder than ever my dad was re-elected to County Supervisor.  We are all so happy and proud.  Election results here.  


In other news Allyson decided to try out some make up.  
We were getting ready to go to a graduation party and I was doing my make up.  I had taken the cap off my eye liner pencil and Allyson wanted to play with it.  I moved it out of her reach (so I thought) and became distracted talking on the phone.  When I looked down at Allyson I saw her perfectly lined jet black eyebrows. The line that goes up from her eyebrow is when I startled her. At first she was proud of her work, but became upset when she saw my reaction.
I thought it was hilarious, especially with how perfect her lines were! 
In the past when I am doing my make up and she wants me to do hers I usually pretend with the powder, eye shadow etc.  When I would pretend with the eyeliner (with the lid on) I would pretend to paint her eyebrows (to avoid poking her in the eye).   I apparently taught her too well.  That is what I get for pretending.

One night when Daddy was adjusting some of his gear Ally had fun trying on his helmet.

She looked pretty cute, even if she had a hard time holding her head up with the weight.


2 comments:

bethanykalei said...

HA! that pic of her w/ the eyeliner is a classic.

Unknown said...

congrats! so glad he was reelected. and i am super impressed with ally's makeup skills.