Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving in Idaho

Tuesday after I got off work we packed up the truck and headed out for Idaho.  We were lucky to get clear weather all the way, it was dark as we headed over Donner pass but we could see lots of snow on the trees.  Thankfully there wasn't any snow on the road.  

Allyson was such a trooper on this trip there was lots of time in the truck but she was so good.  It helped that we had a large supply of goldfish crackers, juice and Dora DVDs.  We were so very grateful to Brian and Alia for getting us the DVD player for the truck.  The trip would've been much longer without it!

Making silly faces at mommy, or maybe the flash was a just a bit bright in the dark truck!

That night we met Bob, Linda, Marcos and Janna in Winnemucca.  Steve would've been happy to drive all night but Ally and I were grateful for the break.

Ally and Grandpa Cherry meeting for the first time.

We made it to Blackfoot late Wednesday afternoon where we joined the already large Cherry crowd.  It was so much fun to see everyone and for them to meet Ally.  I hadn't been to Blackfoot since before Allyson was born, it was long overdue.

Chloe, Ally and Katelyn playing with the train Rachel saved from her kids meal.

Rachel was very popular with the littlest cousins, she loved playing with them and she was so helpful.  

I was able to get some cuddle time with baby Jackson.  Jackson Cooper, not to be confused with Jackson Cherry who we missed!  This was the only time I was able to steal him away, there were so many people willing to hold the sweet and very sleepy boy.

We loved seeing Kevin, Emma and Katelyn. 

Thanksgiving was quite the affair, with almost 40 people (I think it was hard to keep track) and 24 pies we had quite the celebration.  I wish we had gotten a group picture but we didn't even fit in one room (and there was a really big room!).  That morning the men (and some of the girls) went shooting and had a good time.  I stayed back and relaxed with the little kids.

Allyson, Rachel and Hunter playing with the marble tree.  I love this toy, so cute and fun.

We decided to join in the shopping madness at the Blackfoot Wal Mart.  I had never joined in the Black Friday madness (is it still Black Friday if it is Thursday Night?). It turned out to much more chaos and craziness that I expected, I don't think I will join in the madness again.  I prefer getting the deals online without running into the "people of Wal Mart".  This is the rush at the stroke of 10pm for the DVD deals (yes they put the movies in the produce section).

Friday we attempted to get a picture of the Great Grand Babies.  Allyson wouldn't leave my side (she was beyond ready for a nap) I am strategically placed just inches out of the picture.
From L to R Hunter, Reagan, Jackson, Katelyn, Chloe, Allyson


We attempted a different pose and everyone is looking at the camera and happy except for Allyson.  She was just over it.  Every single picture she is sobbing or hiding in her froggy blanket.  It took a while to calm her down with some Curious George and cuddling.

Playing blocks with Amanda.  There were so many people to play with and entertain Allyson she loved it.  I loved having all the extra help.

Grandpa and Grandma Cherry the ones responsible for all the crazy people gathered together.

Cute Katelyn playing with Uncle Steve

We didn't get to stay nearly long enough but we had so much fun seeing family that we don't get to see often enough.  We miss them already.  Saturday we started the long trek home and lucked out with clear weather again.  We made it all the way to Fernley this time before we stopped for the night.  Steve had big plans for a fun stop at Cabelas as we headed through Reno, unfortunately Allyson was beyond tired and grumpy.  That made me grumpy trying to keep her happy in the store so we cut our visit short (much to Steve's dismay).  We made it back home worn out but full of fun memories.

Allyson posing after breakfast with one of the bears at the Black Bear Diner in Fernley.

1 comment:

Rich and Brianne said...

Aw, love those grandkid pics of at least one kids screaming. That was Devin during our Thanksgiving photo shoot, too :) Loved the last pic with the bear. Too cute!