Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Owies & Beans

Today Ally was a brave little girl, she had to get some blood drawn for a test (nothing to worry about).  The last time she had blood drawn was right before her heart surgery.  They had to take quite a bit and she didn't make a peep.  I remember her just sitting there looking at the needle in her arm like it was the most interesting thing ever.  I knew we wouldn't be so lucky a second time, especially since she is so much older and more vocal about her opinions.

She did a great job, there was crying involved (I don't blame her a bit, I hate having blood drawn) but it wasn't too bad.  I was proud of how quickly she recovered, she even told the phlebotomist "bye bye" when we left, no grudge held here.


Here she is showing off her "owie", she is very proud of it and couldn't wait to show daddy.  .


She really likes the wrap on her arm, she won't let me take it off.  I may have to bribe her with a Dora band-aid to get it off.  We shall see

photo source

 I promised her she could get a treat for being such a brave girl.  I think anyone who gets blood drawn deserves a treat.  I let her pick out her treat when we were at the grocery store, she chose candy corn (taking after Aunty Beth?).  

The funny thing about Ally is if you ask her if she wants candy she will tell you no.  Ask her if she wants a "bean" she will excitedly say yes.  She thinks all candies are "beans".  I am pretty sure it is because Easter was the first time she really got to eat candy.  She loves Jellybeans and for some reason we started calling them 'beans".  I have tried to reason with her but she insists candy is "beans".

3 comments:

SuSu said...

I love that. One of my kids called all meat chicken. Funny how they get something in their head and there is no other way.

Rich and Brianne said...

Yeah, Devin screamed bloody murder yesterday when he got a quick flu shot, so I'm sure he would have done himself in with screaming had he had blood drawn :) I love that she calls all candy beans. Adorable!

bethanykalei said...

sad day when she learns candy corn is not available year-round!