Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Aetna Springs

Monday afternoon we decided to go geocaching out in Pope Valley with my parents, Marshall and Beth.  I have always wanted to explore around Aetna Springs when I drive by but I have never taken the time to stop before.  I found a few geocaches along Aetna Springs Road that seemed interesting.  I recently heard about the historic Aetna Springs Golf Course, you would hardly know it was there.  There are some really cool old buildings and rock walls around the golf course, unfortunately you will have to take my word for it, I didn't take pictures of that.

Pope Valley is such a beautiful spot, I love how rural the area is.


Allyson helping Grandpa search for the first Geocache, this is not where it was, we searched and searched and finally Beth spotted it.


As we searched around Allyson was happy to throw rocks into a large puddle.  In fact when it was time to leave she didn't want to, she wanted to stay and throw rocks in the puddle.


The picture quality of this video isn't that great, but I love her chatter as she plays.


It was a fun afternoon exploring an area that I had never seen.  The road takes you up overlooking Pope Valley and then deep into the woods, it was a beautiful drive.  We found 3 out of 4 of the caches we were looking for.  The last cache was supposed to be small and it was getting dark very quickly so we left without finding that one.  Another great adventure close to home!

2 comments:

Laurel said...

HI!! I dont have email for either of you but heard you guys are coming up to ID for thanksgiving!!! We are beyond excited to see you guys again!! :) Anyway- we are bringing shotguns and/or pistols to shoot an we wanted to let you guys know so you can plan accordingly if you are interested :) Hopefully you read the comments and get this message in time :) Love you guys!

Our Corner said...

I love these pictures you post. So pretty. Hopefully someday James and I can move out of the city and back into the country.