Friday, April 29, 2011

Adventures at the Creek

The weekend before Easter we decided to have a picnic at the creek (especially since our meadow picnic didn't work out).  The creek is beautiful this time of year and the grass is green.  I love spring.


I wasn't sure how Allyson was going to react to the water, it was a little chilly.  She loved it!  She liked throwing rocks in the water, splashing and putting her feet in.  She kept trying to sit down in the water and didn't understand why I wouldn't let her.  


She is our little outdoor girl.


Working hard to move those rocks.


During our picnic dinner Daddy gave her a Cheeto, she loved it (no surprise there).


I forgot to bring toys for her to play with so Grandma improvised with a spoon and the spoon box.  It was a hit, and it kept her from trying to get in the water by herself.


Now we have appropriate sand toys, hopefully I will remember them next time.  If not I hope we will at least have a plastic spoon.


I love these sunglasses, at only $1 how could I not get them.  If only she would keep them on longer than 10 seconds.  She loves to put them on but can't resist pulling them off.

1 comment:

Brieanna said...

Okay I seriously miss this place like crazy!!! I absolutely loved visiting your parents house, playing out in the yard, and of course down at the creek! I really don't remember the house that we lived in so it's great to see pics. :) And might I add that your little girl is SO SO freaking adorable!!!!!