During our after dinner outside time the girls got wet. Eva can't stand to wear clothes once they get wet (even if it is like a drop of juice!) so naturally she took of her clothes. Nothing new here, however she also took off her diaper. She was having a great time running around au natural in the yard. Since we were outside and I was tired, I laid on the hammock and just laughed at her craziness.
Eva disappeared inside and I began to wonder where she was (and I started to fear what she was doing).
This is how I found her.
To save some money I bought the large jar of desitin, instead of the tube. She had the jar open and was applying it (applying it appropriately I might add) by the fistful.
This is Eva wondering why I was unhappy.
I quickly chased her into the bathroom, trying to keep her hands from touching anything.
Really, so much desitin.
My immediate reaction was to put her in the tub and wash her off. Sadly I wasn't thinking, that ended up just being a big greasy mess. Now I had a wet, greasy girl and and really slippery tub that needed cleaning. Though the shampoo did seem to help get most of the desitin out of her hair.
I resorted to paper towels and I ignored the bath tub.
The next morning it became apparent that I in fact did not get very much desitin out of her hair. For better or for worse the excess desitin on all over her body and soaked in and was no longer an issue.
Thanks to some googling I felt a little less alone (many parents have had similar desitin disasters) and knew that Dawn dish soap was the answer. Back in the tub for Eva where Dawn took care of both Eva and the greasy tub.






No comments:
Post a Comment