Sunday, August 16, 2015

First Soccer Game

This adorable soccer player was so excited for her first game.  
I couldn't help but think back to the end of T-ball when Ally overheard me talking to her T-ball coach about signing Ally up for soccer.  I hadn't told Ally about it yet (and really why would I, we had to sign up in April when soccer doesn't start until August!). Ally was quite upset, there were tears and a pouty face. She said didn't know if she wanted to play soccer.  I told her she didn't need to worry about it, it wasn't for a very long time.
We really lucked out with her soccer team, we have lots of good friends on the team and two great coaches.  Ally was excited that she already knew her coaches and quite a few of the kids on the team.  It also makes practices and games a lot more fun for me having friends to sit and visit with.

Ally (2nd from right) waiting her turn to play.  When the game first started there was some confusion on the field and no one was going for the ball, Ally ran in from the sidelines after the ball.  If no one else was going to go for it, she was!  Her coach quickly pulled her back off the field to wait her turn, it was so funny. She was so ready to play.

Once Ally had her turn on the field she was right in the thick of the action the whole time.  She is really aggressive (something I was never good at) and persistent always going after the ball.  

All the soccer playing with Daddy sure paid off, she knew just what to do.  It also helped being one of the older kids on the team (she is on an under 6 team).  Steve was so sad he had to miss her game (and will likely miss all of her games) so I was taking pictures and giving him a play by play via text.

She had so much fun out there and played so hard.  I think this girl found her sport.  Her soccer loving daddy couldn't be prouder.

Scoring one of her 4 goals!  I think the next step will be working on passing and teamwork. 

Eva loves soccer too, she gets to play with a couple of her friends during the games and practices.  Here she is listening to Coach Garin like she is one of the players.  

1 comment:

Rich and Brianne said...

I love this! What a cutie. Glad she enjoyed it as much as her dad hoped she would!! :) The boys start soccer in a few weeks. I'm not sure they'll love it as much.