Thursday, August 20, 2015

Back to School

August 18th was Ally's first day of Kindergarten!  
School was supposed to start on August 12th (far too early if you ask me) but had to be postponed because the high school was being used as an evacuation center from the Jerusalem Fire.  I was glad for the extra week of summer vacation, we all needed some down time and regular nap schedules before we jumped back into school.
Ally was very excited to start kindergarten, after we found out who her teacher was she had a 15 minute long pretend phone conversation with Mrs. Bazzano.

Ally was a little sad that she wasn't going to be in Mrs. Carter's class anymore, but after visiting her new classroom she was excited to be in Mrs. Bazzano's class.  She was happy to find out a few of her TK friends are also in Mrs. Bazzano's class.  
Ally couldn't wait to wear her new clothes on the first day of school.  She couldn't believe that I actually made her wait until the first day of school to wear her new clothes.  She is really in love with Ninja Turtles (even though she has yet to actually see the show) and she was so happy we found this awesome shirt shopping. 

I love her cherry backpack, a holdover from last year.  Sadly we had to get a new backpack, the cherry backpack wasn't big enough for her homework folder. Thankfully Ally is even more in love with her $6 pink WalMart backpack (she loves that it looks like a hiking backpack).

She insisted on doing some crazy pictures, this was my favorite.  

In line ready to head into class!  It was so nice that she had already gone to TK, it made the day much easier on both of us.  You could definitely tell the parents who had had a TKer and those who were leaving their child at school for the first time.

All settled in and ready to start class.  I wish I could say I posed her like this, but she just plopped down for a picture, turned out pretty cute.

Ally wanted to give Eva a hug goodbye, these two will miss each other.

Monday night we had gone to school to meet Ally's teacher and check out her classroom.  On our way home I said something about how I didn't know what I would do without my little helper while she was in school.  She proceeded to tell me exactly what I needed to do "If Eva is throwing a fit give her a time out or a spanking, if Colton is fussy do something to make him laugh, if you need someone to carry something see if Eva can carry it.".  I am going to miss my sweet little girl, she does help me out a lot, especially with Colton.

The hardest part about Ally being back in school is coordinating naps with the drop off and pick ip times. This is how Eva felt about having to wake up and go get Ally.  She was so grumpy.  We are working on getting into a better routine, for all of our sanity. 
Ally had a great first day of school.  She had lots of fun and came out with a big smile even though she skinned her knee pretty badly at recess.

1 comment:

Rich and Brianne said...

She is so adorable. Happy Kindergarten year!