On Christmas Eve my parents were nice enough to watch the girls for the afternoon so I could wrap presents, do laundry, pack for Oroville etc. The girls had a blast and I got a bunch done (not everything, my list was just too long apparently) so it was a win win. When Steve got off work we all met up at my parents for some Christmas Eve fun with my parents before they took off to Oregon.
Eva missed her nap (and had been on a nap strike for a couple of days) but she ended up falling asleep in my mom's lap. Lucky Grandma, Eva never does that. After she woke up she was still a bit crabby and just couldn't wait for dinner so she started early.
After dinner the girls opened up their new Christmas jammies. Daddy gave the girls a bath and they got into their pajamas for the rest of the festivities.
I was so worried that Colton's pajamas would be too small. I had bought all their Christmas pajamas a month or so ago and ordered Colton 3 month pajamas. I figured that would be safe since he would only be 2 1/2 months by Christmas. Well about a week or so before Christmas I noticed more and more of his 3 month clothes not fitting. He was moving into 3-6 month clothes! This boy is growing. Thankfully the pajamas did fit but there is not much room to spare.
We attempted to have a little Christmas program to help us remember the true meaning of Christmas with Papa reading the Christmas Story from Luke and all of us singing a few Christmas Hymns.
It was a bit crazy and chaotic to be honest, but we tried and we kept up the tradition. The girls both kept trying to sit on the piano bench with me (the three of us don't fit at the same time but they kept trying) and then Eva and Colton tag teamed poopy diapers. Oh the realities of life.
Then it was time for presents! Allyson was so excited to give Grandma and Papa the presents she picked out just for them. I love watching her enjoy giving presents as well as getting them. She was very thoughtful with her presents this year and got Papa some pliers and Grandma some decorative marbles for her vases.
The girls had a blast playing with their new things. Ally's new whoopie cushions were an especially big hit. Both girls loved them (we are high class, I know).
Once we got home we put out milk and cookies for Santa and put the kids to bed. Ally was so very excited to go to bed. I was a little worried about her waking up early so I made sure she knew she couldn't get up until she saw sunshine out her window. Lucky for us all three kids slept the entire night!
No comments:
Post a Comment