After the fun of the Cabin we all headed to Oroville to continue the Cherry Vacation. The fun continued at Nana and Papa's house with more cousin fun. This kids were happy to learn that the reunion fairy/elf followed us from Tahoe and continued to leave presents for the kids to find every morning.
On Wednesday all the boys got to help Grandma and Grandpa Edgar move so the women and children decided to have our own fun.
We headed to the school where Nana works to play on the playground.
They had fun running around and properly wearing themselves out.
Eva was good sport about hanging out in the stroller, she enjoyed being outside and eating snacks.
I feel like this picture describes Eva's life right now. She wants to play with the big kids but usually has to watch from the sidelines.
On Thursday we decided to go up to Table Mountain and enjoy the beautiful spring weather and wildflowers. When I lived in Oroville I loved going up to Table Mountain, especially in spring. It reminded me a lot of home, it is very similar to the meadow on the Ranch in spring.
Eva ready to go in her backpack, this time with sunscreen and a hat. The hat didn't last long though, she always pulls it off.
The kids leading the way at the beginning of our "hike". By the end of the hike they were moving a lot slower, we definitely wore them out.
Ally and Katelyn enjoying the Lupine.
Uncle Brandon was the favorite playing in the stream and carrying tired kids when needed.
We made it to the waterfall!
We didn't hike to the bottom, I didn't want to chance the steep trail and poison oak with kids. In all my visits to Table Mountain I have never made it to this waterfall, we usually wandered away from the main trail and crowds. It was fun to finally see it.
The fun had to come to an end at some point and we headed home Thursday evening. Ally did not want to leave her cousins or Nana and Papa. When I was putting her to bed (very late that night) we were talking about the fun we had on the Cherry Vacation. She asked me when we got to go on the next Cherry Vacation. She was more than ready to the next day! I needed a bit more time to recover from all the fun but we can't wait to do it again.
No comments:
Post a Comment