Saturday, November 3, 2012

Halloween

Ally's original costume ideas: lamb, cow, pig, stove.  A stove?  Where does she come up with these things?

I decided that a pig would be the costume of choice this year and found adorable pig ears, nose and tail set.  When we got her pig headband, nose and tail in the mail she ran around the house wearing them saying "oink, oink!".  I was glad she loved it and had moved beyond her indecisiveness.

When anyone asked her what she was going to be for Halloween she said "I'm going to be a piggy, oink oink".

Halloween arrived and with it came rain.  It made things a little more complicated but we still had fun.   Our first stop was the Halloween Party at the Leese's.  I am glad we own so many pink things, I was able to find rain boots and a rain jacket that matched the piggy costume in her closet.

This is the only picture I got with her nose on.  Prior to Halloween she loved the nose, on Halloween it was giving her some troubles and didn't last long.

She loved her "snapper" she got in the costume contest

Ready for trick or treating!  We cut way back on the trick or treating this year, I was exhausted and the rain complicated things.  Thankfully this little piggy didn't mind at all!

She was so excited to go say "trick or treat"!

I couldn't leave out this picture that shows off her cute piggy tail.  

As we drove home Allyson said she had lots of fun and loved Halloween.  Unfortunately she doesn't quite grasp that this is a once a year holiday.   She kept coming up with ideas of what she can dress up as for trick or treating next time (she thinks next time is next week!).  

No comments: