Last Monday we headed out to the Ranch for a picnic in the meadow. The weather was beautiful, warm until the cool breeze picked up and the scenery was beautiful.
As we headed out to the meadow I was a bit anxious to see if the road had dried out. I didn't want a repeat of last year. Luckily the road was drier than we expected and there weren't any problems getting out to our favorite picnic spot.
Allyson loved playing in the little stream that meanders through the valley. I have so many memories of doing the exact same thing.
Being silly looking through her 'binoculars' at daddy.
The poppies are especially beautiful this year. I love that each spring is different in the meadow. The weather patterns of the winter determine which flowers (or grass) will dominate the show, making different each year.
Allyson was in heaven roaming the meadow, throwing rocks in the water and exploring on her own. I love that she can enjoy this freedom.
She had so much fun "hiking" up this hill. She hiked up the incline from our blanket and told me "look mommy, going up the hill". Loved her little adventures.
It is so wonderful that we can get away from everything and enjoy nature without any interruptions. I took all the open space and beauty of the Ranch for granted growing up, never knowing anything different.
She found daddy's binoculars! She was so funny looking through them backwards, she excitedly told me "mommy, see my hand!"
It was a perfect picnic in my favorite place with my favorite people!
4 comments:
Beautiful!!
What a great day! Looks beautiful.
So sweet- all that green makes me super jealous.
Sounds wonderful! I love how you guys enjoy and play in the outdoors so much. Allyson is a lucky girl!
Post a Comment